Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Back, Maybe

I see it's been almost a year since my last post. The two or three people who actually read this thing may be wondering why I've been away for so long. Simply put: I've been busy.

I don't usually discuss my personal life here, unless I'm relating an anecdote or similar. I'm going to break that format for the moment, so I can explain why I've been neglecting my writing, and why I've been the happiest I've been in my life.

Her name is Amarilys Lily, and she is my other half.

I used to think it was hyperbole, or worse, sentimental nonsense when people said thing like that. I used to think I'd be alone the rest of my life. That light at the end of the tunnel starts looking awfully distant after 30+ years. I used to think love like you see in the movies was a pretty fantasy invented by foolish dreamers. I used to think a lot of things.

The last year has been an amazing, dizzying, scary, impossible ride to places I told myself didn't exist. Intoxicating and sobering all at once. I discovered that I hadn't forgotten how to dream, merely forgotten why I should.

So forgive me for being away, and forgive me if I do it again. I'm in love, dammit, and I wouldn't take back a moment of it for anything.

I love you, Amie.

-Long days and pleasant nights 

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy. I love you too. This year has been full of surprises. The man I love has been my rock for me .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hyperbole right up until it ain't. Which I think is necessary; while an excess of the sentimental certainly feels good, there's always more work to be done. Hungry fuckers work harder. I'd say you've earned the respite. Best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete