Thursday, December 23, 2010

The dirty secrets of a publicly viewed website

I was shown this link earlier today. It's only a paragraph, but just in case some of you folks are too lazy to check it out, I'll give you a summary. It seems (if the article is to be believed) the CIA is probing to discover the impact of Wikileaks. They're calling themselves the Wikileaks Task Force (WTF). An appropriate name, as "WTF"  is what I said to myself when I heard about this misappropriation of tax dollars.

I'm not saying I approve or disapprove of Wikileaks. I'd never really thought about the site at all before all this hubbub started up. Some people may take offense at my lack of a stand on this issue, but I figure that a few months after this all blows over, when most people don't even remember what Wikileaks is anymore, it won't matter what I think about it.

When you refuse to touch yourself, the terrorists win.
The guy who sent me the link followed it up by saying "Get ready for Operation LOLCAT next." That may sound like a joke, but I think there should be some serious probing done into these cats. They're up to some very suspicious behavior. For instance, why is Ceiling Cat watching me masturbate, and what government does he work for? How do we know he's not an Al Qaeda agent?

This seems like the kind of investigation that'd be right up Larry King's alley.Too bad he's retired. I mean, it's all about cats, so it's cute and cuddly, which King likes. Plus, since it's about cats, it's full of human interest, which really gets King rolling up those shirtsleeves.

There was one thing about the whole Wikileaks thing that I found amusing. I was watching a report on it on the local news. They were talking about how Paypal, Visa, et al were all refusing to send payments to the site. But I noticed that they neglected to mention the fact that every company that made such an announcement got shut down for several hours by hackers. I thought it was a strange oversight on their part, since the news loves slamming hackers almost as much as they love maligning video games and music that's not performed by corporate-controlled young white drug addicts. They really dropped the ball on that one.

-Long Days and Pleasant Nights

No comments:

Post a Comment